Picture
I was supposed to be cutter borders for the blocks of a sampler quilt I made last year.  The fabric was all prepared and set out ready to be cut.  A moments inattention meant i picked up the wrong die for the Accuquilt Go! and one pass through the machine later had half a yard of 2.5" strips when I needed 1.5" strips.  After indulging in some very colourful language Isat down to thing about what to do with these strips.  I could have trimmed them down to the right size but that seemed incredibly wasteful.  I could have just set them to one side for "later" but I would have felt guilty every time I laid eyes on them so I decided  to practise the offset log cabin technique I learned earlier in the month in the Craftsy 2013 BOM and make a wall hanging. I knew I had plenty of matching fabric as there was a lot left over from making the sampler blocks and I checked and rechecked before cutting anything and had enough to make 24 6" blocks.  I'm pleased with the way it has turned out, now I'm going to be brave and do some free motion quilting on it.

I've linked this post to
Patchwork Times 
We Did It! Wednesday
Rae gun ramblings
All Star Block Party

Go have a look at all the interesting things other people are doing and be inspired.

 


Comments

01/24/2013 2:40pm

I noticed you posted on Design Wall Monday just before me. I'm really late! Good call on using your strips rather than storing them. I may try that same block some day.

Reply

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.


Leave a Reply

    QuilterBlogs
    The Learning Center
    Photobucket

    Archives

    January 2014
    November 2013
    July 2013
    June 2013
    May 2013
    April 2013
    March 2013
    January 2013
    December 2012
    November 2012
    August 2012
    July 2012
    June 2012
    May 2012