Out they came, under the machine they went and as they were only intended for practise I felt free to play and didn't worry too much about problems. The key to learning is problem solving isn't it?
One pulled the bobbin thread up to the front of the embroidery. One got joggled and doesn't quite line up.
All have different coloured flowers as I simply wanted to see how different threads would behave.
I'm not pretending they are perfect but I'm pleased for a first attempt and now I have a set of very pretty embroidered pillowcases just right to go on the bed.
I pulled them out from the stash of UFOs (a bigger pile than I really want to acknowledge) and one by one put them through the Innov-is and embroidered them with a very simple pattern.The first block I quilted I chose a pattern that looked very pretty but did not work at all well on the block. It was much to dense and completely lost in the fabric so I went looking for a pattern much more like a traditional quilting pattern and found this one which I think shows up nicely on the fabric.